07 February 2018

Winter Olympics! Let's Talk Figure Skating!

Tonight's episode of StarTalk's Playing with Science will get you ready for the Winter Olympics, which begins this Friday in PyeongChang, South Korea.  We talked figure skating, which is so many people's favorite event come Winter Olympics time.  A very special guest is on the show, Olympic Medalist Sasha Cohen.  I have such wonderful memories watching her compete in the figure skating competition at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy.  My older daughter, Emily, and I rooted Sasha on like crazy.  Emily wasn't quite two-and-a-half at the time, but she got a great introduction to Olympic skating.  My younger daughter, Abby, was born less than a month later.  I recall patting my wife's belly and telling Abby to root for Sasha while she skated.  Abby doesn't remember that!  Sasha took home the silver.

The link for tonight's show is given below.  Also on the show is Jackie Wong, who I thoroughly enjoyed talking to.  He hosts the podcast Ice Talk.   Check it out!
The video producer at StarTalk was kind enough to send me a screen capture when I was posing a question to Sasha Cohen (click on the image below for a larger view). 
I actually had to leave the show earlier than I wanted.  I had to drive across town and give a keynote address at Randolph College.  No need to have a tie on otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment