26 June 2014

Vandy Wins College World Series!!!

My beloved alma mater, Vanderbilt University, just won the College World Series!  It's Vandy's first men's national title, and it's the first time I've seen one of my two schools win a national title since they became my schools (my graduate school is Indiana University).  My four years at Vandy were 1988-92, which means I graduated from Vandy just over 22 years ago.  What's great about one's school is that it's with you for life.  I've seen my two schools win big games, and I've seen them lose in heartbreaking fashion.  Tonight is the first time I've seen one of them end a sport's season on top.  What a great feeling!

Kudos to Virginia for a great season.  They are an admirable national runner-up.  We hung on to win tonight's third and deciding game, 3-2.  We needed great pitching and a timely home run, which was rare in this College World Series.

Well done, Vandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment