12 July 2011

Women's soccer and soccer physics ...

We in the US are rooting for our women's soccer team to beat France in tomorrow's semifinal World Cup match.  People are still talking about the amazing comeback win over Brazil.  For those of you interested in soccer (or football, depending on where you are from), I wrote an invited article for the July 2010 issue of Physics Today that coincided with the men's World Cup.  The article is short and intended for a general science audience.  Click here for a PDF version of the article.


If you are interested in a longer description of soccer physics, but still at a general science level, Chapter 7 of my book is devoted to soccer kicks.  I model free kicks and corner kicks.


For those interested in my technical research papers on soccer physics, click here to get to my webpage.  You will find paper links at the bottom of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment